Pointers from Book: Your next Chapter ~ Evelyn Watkins.
Updated: Aug 16, 2019
Key pointers from latest book I read.
1) The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Never mistake motion for action. If we are to thrive, we must find the track and get on it.
2) There are 2 primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.
Write down where are you, where u want to go and how? Seeing the words on paper is a powerful tool to support your progress.
3) The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break, it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.
4) Nobody can go back and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
The future has a way of arriving unannounced. Don't be discouraged at the change you are embarking on, even if it is forced. Take the time to assess where you are and what kind of changes you need to make.
5) Your life mission is not your decision but instead your discovery.
One of the most remarkable revelations I have made concerning my own life is the power of words to shape my self-perception and self-esteem. Remember your objective is to create a statement so you can become the statement. Whatever it takes to create a focused mission, you should do. Make it plain, easy to understand, believe, and easy for others to see how they can support you.
6) A good plan today is better than a perfect plan in the future. The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. Preparation breeds peace.
7) The key to success is being realistic about what you are capable of and the amount of time it will take for you to fulfill your goal. Your life shouldn't feel like a big boom experience, riddles with disorder awaiting alignment. Take a baby steps to get organized right now.
8) A big part of financial freedom is having your heart and mind free from worry about the what-ifs of life. If this economic catastrophe has taught us anything at all, it has demonstrated that the cruise control mentality is insufficient to secure our tomorrow. Every person should have savings- money you have set aside and are not spending. Get started today, your financial peace is waiting for u.
9) An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. The most important investment you can make is in urself. Say everyday "I am worth it". I am worth far more than I could earn or borrow. Your priorities are based on the investment of your time, talent and financial resources, if you are going to rewrite your success story, your name must be on top if your list of priorities.
10) you can't change what you are willing to tolerate. Pruning your life. To Njoy the beautiful garden of your life, regular pruning is necessary. During the pivotal change, we all have to examine our lives and consider what we are willing to cut away to encourage fuller growth. Cutting unnecessary relationships for the sake of your growth in the right direction is a necessity. You need to be healthy to take on the height of success you desire. Consider your health and be willing to prune what is necessary to ensure you are healthy enough to be the successful person you desire to be. I want quality from my life, therefore I want to be around people who promote quality. Do the tough work of cutting out the unnecessary things that are hindrance to your growth and your vision.
11) Individually we are one drop. Together we are an ocean.