Few of the awesome pointers and images from one of the best self-help book I have learned from.
1. The Slight Edge philosophy is meant to give you a philosophy that will become a filter for every decision you make. It will give you a way to apply great information into your life in a way that will produce lasting results.
2. The secret ingredient is your philosophy. The secret is to change the way you think. Once you do, then you will take the steps you need to take, to lead you to the how-to’s you need. If you don’t change your thinking, no amount of how-to’swill offer a real solution. It’s not the “hows,” it’s how you do the “hows.”
3. The formula for success is quite simple:double your rate of failure. Your philosophy is your view of life, something beyond feelings and attitudes.Your philosophy drives your attitudes and feelings, which drive your actions.
4. If you learn to understand and apply the Slight Edge, your life will become filled with hundreds of thousands of small, seemingly insignificant actions—all of them easy to do, none of them mysterious, complex or difficult. These are the actions that will create your success.That’s what successful people do: simple things that are easy to do. Here’s the problem: every action that is easy to do, is also easy not to do. If you don’t do them, you won’t suffer, or fail or blow it—today. But that simple error in judgment, compounded over time will ruin your chances for success.
5. The right choices you make today, compounded over time, will take you higher and higher up the success curve of this real-time movie called “your life.” That most valuable gift of all is a gift that you always have. You always have a choice.
6. To accomplish anything worth accomplishing, to create success, to achieve your dreams, you don’t have to do impossible, extraordinary, superhuman things. But you have to do something. You have to start with a penny. Do you think you could improve yourself—your health, your knowledge, your skills, your diet, your relationships,whatever area of life you want to look at—just one percent.
7. We look for the cure, the breakthrough, the magic pill—the medical-scientific quantum leap miracle our press has dubbed the “magic bullet.” But the solution already exists. It always did. Is it magic? Yes—the same magic that caused the problem: the power of daily actions, compounded over time. The magic of the Slight Edge.
8. Over the years I have isolated seven actionable principles that you can apply right now into life, every day. Show up consistently with a good attitude over along period of time. Have faith and a burning desire, be willing to pay the price and have slight edge integrity and discipline to do those things even when no one is looking.
9. The size of the problem determines the size of the person.You can gauge the limitations of a person’s life by the size of the problems that get him or her down. You can measure the impact a person’s life has by the size of the problems he or she solves. If you can solve big problems,you can graduate to big pay, because the size of your income will be determined by the size of the problems you solve, too!
10. The greatest gift you could ever give yourself is also the wisest business investment you could ever make. What is this mysterious gift? It is your own personal development. Invest in your own improvement, your own personal growth and betterment.
11. Action step to follow:
What one simple, single, easy-to-do activity can you do, day in and day out,that will have the greatest impact on your health; your personal development; your relationships; your finances; and your life itself? Examine what they mean to you and where your dreams lie in each; and then layout for yourself your dreams as goals (specific, vivid and with a timeline); the price you’re willing to pay; a plan to start; and finally, one simple daily discipline that you will commit to doing each and every day from now on.