I recently visited the one of the most beautiful waterfalls in world: Niagara Falls. The Niagara Falls are located on the border of Ontario, Canada and New York, USA. It consists of 3 falls: the American Falls, the Bridal Veil Falls and the Horseshoe Falls.
It is also one of the oldest state parks in USA having more than 30 millions visitors every year. 3,160 tons of water flows over Niagara Falls every second and which is used progressively for generating electricity. Niagara Falls is capable of producing over 4 million kilowatts of electricity, which is shared by the United States and Canada. Four of the five Great Lakes (Superior, Michigan, Huron, and Erie) drain into the Niagara River before emptying into Lake Ontario. These five Great Lakes make up almost one-fifth of the world's fresh water supply.
Things to do in Niagara Falls:
1. I would definitely recommend doing the Maid of Mist boat ride, which takes you around the falls and make you feel energetic and amazed with its moist.
2. Cave of Winds, having an option to get under the falls is the greatest experience you can ask for..
3. Hiking across Goat Island, Niagara River walk trails.
4. Whirlpool Jet Boat, a speed boat which itself is very thrilling option, is a superb experience to view Niagara River after it settles down.
5. One can also consider purchasing Discovery Pass which includes thrilling attractions such as Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds, Aquarium of Niagara, Niagara Adventure Theater and unlimited rides on the Scenic Trolley for the day. I would recommend going with Discovery Pass
6. Lots of good restaurant to choose from: We went with Delicious Indian Food, drinks at Hard Rock Cafe.
7. As Niagara Falls is crowded during Summer and Fall Season, better to book your Hotel 3 weeks in advance to experience best customer service.
Tickets and price options can be explored from the website source I have added on the blog.
Here's few snaps from our trip.
Source & References: https://www.niagarafallsstatepark.com